2011 Wrangler NFR:
2011 World Standings
2011 Wrangler NFR
Born: Nov. 30, 1968, in Brenham, Texas
Residence: Ledbetter, Texas
Joined WPRA: 1993
Horses: MP Quick Money "Money" (9-year old grey gelding) - Sire: PC Frenchmans Hayday/Dam: Quckern A Wink (out of the same stallion as Sherry Cervi's Horse Stingray and is a full brother to Kristie Peterson's Bozo) and Easy Dash Oak "Roundpen" (17-year old bay gelding) - Sire: Victory Dash/Dam: Easy Little Oak
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 6 (2002-03, 2006, 2008-09, 2011)
Tour Finale qualifications: 10
• Pace Chute-out: 2003
• Caldwell: 2008
• Puyallup: 2008
• Summer Tour Finale: 2001-04, 2006, 2011
• Championship: 2003
Education: Blinn College 1987-89; Sam Houston State University (Huntsville) bachelor of education in 1991 and a master's of library science in 1993
• Placed in two out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR and was eighth in the average.
• Won the Walla Walla (Wash.) Rodeo.
• Won the Pasadena (Texas) Livestock Show and Rodeo.
• Won the Cody (Wyo.) Stampede.
• Won the Benalto (Alberta) Stampede.
• Won the Parker County Frontier Days (Weatherford, Texas).
• Won the Cowboy Capital Pro Rodeo (Bandera, Texas).
• Won the Guadalupe County Fair and PRCA Rodeo (Seguin, Texas).
• Finished the year ranked 38th with $23,065.
• Co-champion at the West of the Pecos (Texas) Rodeo.
• Won the Johnson County Sheriff's Posse Rodeo (Cleburne, Texas)
• Won the Wild, Wild West Pro Rodeo (Silver City, N.M.)
• 2009 - Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked 11th with $73,198 but after placing in just two out of 10 rounds finished the year ranked 13th. Won the Texas Circuit Finals year-end title for the first time in nine years, the Walla Walla (Wash.) Frontier Days Rodeo, the Lawton (Okla.) Rangers Rodeo, the Calgary Stampede $100,000 round and the Matagorda Fair and Rodeo (Bay City, Texas). Was co-champion at the Comal County Fair and Rodeo (New Braunfels, Texas), the Gladewater (Texas) Round-up Rodeo and the Sandhills Stock Show and Rodeo (Odessa, Texas).
• 2008 - Placed in four out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR. Finished 11th in the world with $97,448 and was 12th in the NFR average, winning $28,666; won the Tri-State Fair and Rodeo (Amarillo, Texas), the Tri-State Rodeo (Fort Madison, Iowa), the Mountain Valley Stampede (Heber City, Utah) and the Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo.
• 2007 - Finished the year ranked 19th in the world with $43,554. Won the Deadwood (S.D.) Days of '76 Rodeo and the Flagstaff (Ariz.) Pine Country Pro Rodeo.
• 2006 - Finished the year ranked 11th in the world standings with $81,843; Won the Trinity Valley Exposition (Liberty, Texas). the Pasadena (Texas) ProRodeo, the Face Stampede PRCA Rodeo (Marble Falls, Texas), the Horse Heaven Roundup (Kennewick, Wash.), the Wrangler ProRodeo Tour Round and average titles at the Farm-City Pro Rodeo (Hermiston, Ore.) and the average title at the Henderson County PRCA Stampede (Athens, Texas); was co-champion at RodeoHouston.
• 2004 - Semifinalist at Pace Challenge (Omaha, Neb.).
• 2003 - Won Jasper (Texas) Lions Benefit, Home of Champions (Red Lodge, Mont.), and Red Desert Roundup Rodeo (Rock Springs, Wyo.); Horse "Roundpen" finished third in the AQHA Horse of the Year contest; finished the year 14th in the world with $58,240.
• 2002 - Won five out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR; Set the arena record at the Wrangler NFR with a 13.83-second round during round 6; won Reno (Nev.) Rodeo; finished third in the world.
• 2001 - Finished 18th in the world with $40,885; qualified for the Texas Circuit Finals Rodeo.
Husband, Brian Fischer (married on Jan. 1, 2007); daughter Sydney....Enjoys training barrel horses...Taught school and was a librarian from 1991-94 before quitting and barrel racing full time...Mother, Peggy, formerly trained race horses and sister, Jackie Dube Jatzlau, is a professional barrel racer and trainer… A few years ago they were driving down the road with Roundpen in the trailer but they forgot to shut the trailer gate and the horse fell out. All was fine and he has become a great horse…Her father, Jack, passed away in October 2006 after a battle with cancer and her son Riley Key was killed in a car accident in May 2009.