2016 Wrangler NFR:
2016 World Standings
2016 Wrangler NFR
Born: July 16, 1991
Residence: Pampa, Texas
Joined WPRA: 2013
Horses: Doda Flit "Radio" (13-year old grey gelding) - Sire: Dodadash/Dam: Flit Priss; Flit Money "Money" (10-year old gelding) - Sire: Designer Red/Primrose Firewater; Lotta Bunny Shades "Boss" (11-year old gelding) - Sire: Shades Bunny/Dam: Bunny Bunny Islander
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 2 (2015-16)
RNCFR qualifications: 0
Education: Texas Tech University (Lubbock, Texas) graduated with a degree in Exercise Sports Science and minor in Psychology
• Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked 13th, placed in two rounds.
• Won Kansas' Biggest Rodeo (Phillipsburg)
• Won the Snake River Stampede (Nampa, Idaho)
• Won $18,315 during the Fourth of July week the third most amongst WPRA members
• Won the St. Paul (Ore.) Rodeo
• Finished second in the average at the Red Bluff (Calif.) Round-Up.
• 2015 - Finished the year ranked 13th in the world with $107,493 in earnings. Won $19,673 at the NFR; on the Lea County Fair and Rodeo (Lovington, N.M.), the Lawton (Okla.) Rangers Rodeo, the Gooding (Idaho) Pro Rodeo, the Horse Heaven Round-Up (Kennewick, Wash.) and the Hugo (Okla.) PRCA Rodeo; finished second at the Sheridan WYO Rodeo, the Greeley (Colo.) Independence Day Stampede and Rodeo Austin; co-champion at Oakdale (Calif.) Saddle Club Rodeo
• 2014 - Finished the year ranked 23rd with $47,747; was the second highest placing barrel racer over the Fourth of July run earning $20,294 just behind Kaley Bass at $28,814; won the Cody (Wyo.) Stampede and the Home of Champions Rodeo (Red Lodge, Mont.), finished second in the average at the Red Bluff (Calif.) Round-Up.
• 2013 - Finished 12th in the WPRA Rookie of the Year standings with $11,504, which was won by Taylor Jacob. Won the Colorado State Fair and Rodeo (Pueblo)
Won two Tri-State High School Rodeo Barrel Racing Championships and the all-around title at the International Finals Youth Rodeo in 2009 aboard Radio. She also qualified for the College National Finals Rodeo in 2013.
Single...Had wanted to buy a horse FM Radio at the Barrel Futurities of America in 2006 but that horse went for $80,000 but found Doda Flit in the same sale, so Carley decided to nickname him Radio. Carley's father, Jim, trained the gelding and she competed in the futurities against FM Radio ridden and trained by Kassie Mowry...Parents, Jim (a team roper) and mom, Marsha and has three older sisters who all ran barrels; older sister Kaily won the WPRA Permit only race in 2015...Hopes to eventually get a Masters in Healthcare Administration and work as an administrator in a hospital or nursing home...Sponsored by Platinum Performance, CSI saddle pads, Cinch, Horse Hydrator, Flavio Rubiero Leather, Polyglycan.