2016 World Standings
Born: July 16, 1960
Residence: Roy, Mont.
Joined the WPRA: 2009
Horses: Sweet Heart Special "Tweety" (14-year old mare) - Sire: My Special Bear/Dam: Im Testy Too; Fortunes Last Xtrem "Luna" (6-year old chestnut mare) - Sire: Rare Jet Extremes/Dam: Amaydayfortune
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 0
RNCFR qualifications (actual year competed): (2) 2015, 2017
• Finished 4th in the average at the Pendleton (Ore.) Round-Up
• Placed 3rd the Cascade (Mont.) Pro Rodeo
• Placed 3rd at Boundary County Pro Rodeo (Bonners Ferry, Idaho)
• Won the average title at the Montana Circuit Finals Rodeo.
• Finished top four in both semi-finals 2 rounds of the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo
• 2015 - Finished the year ranked 18th in the world with $54,872, won the Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo, the West Texas Fair & Rodeo (Abilene, Texas), the Spokane (Wash.) Interstate Rodeo and Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo (Rapid City, S.D.); finished in a tie for second at Big Sky ProRodeo Roundup (Great Falls, Mont.), at Strathmore (Alberta) Stampede and at Southeastern Livestock Exposition (Montgomery, Ala.)
• 2014 - Won the average and year-end titles in the Montana Circuit; won the Roughrider Days Rodeo (Dickinson, N.D.), Thermopolis (Wyo.) Cowboy Rendezvous PRCA Rodeo, Lewistown (Idaho) Roundup.; finished second Belt (Mont.) PRCA Rodeo, Marias River Stampede (Shelby, Mont.), and Sanders County Fair & PRCA Rodeo (Plains, Mont.)
Husband, Dave (3-time New Zealand saddle bronc riding champion); son, Lane (saddle bronc rider); daughter, Danielle...Her husband manages a ranch in Roy, Mont., and trains ranch and performance horses. She trains barrel horses and enjoys being an artist in her spare time...Moved to the United States from New Zealand to rodeo...Is a 5-time New Zealand barrel racing champion. Got involved in barrel racing at the age of 13, won her first New Zealand barrel racing title at age 18...In early 2007 they purchased 3 race horses from the late Ron Cook, one of these being a race reject, Sweet Heart Special, aka Tweety. This little mare tested the training skills as she did not have a natural style on barrels, but showed she could have a lot of talent. With time and bringing her along slowly Tweety has proven to be a diamond in the rough...Luna was racetrack broke when Wright got her but had never been on the barrel pattern. First run in a performance was in Lewiston (Idaho) Roundup in September of 2016 and they ended up winning the average. Luna then carried her to the average win at the Montana Circuit Finals Rodeo since Tweety was sidelined with Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis.